This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this website.
In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" means LOANEASY Finance and "you" means the person using the Site.
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires us to manage all personal information we collect from you in accordance with the Data Protection Laws and we are required to lawfully and fairly process your personal information. All our employees are responsible for maintaining customer confidentiality.
We may change these conditions at any time without notice and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
LOANEASY Finance takes the protection of our customers’ information seriously. We employ a number of technologies to protect your information, including McAfee, among others. To protect yourself against potential scammers who might present themselves as LOANEASY Finance or another lender, remember you should:
- Information that you provide by filling the application form on our Site
- Email and letter exchanges with us
- Information you provide during telephone calls and conversations with us
- If you contact our customer services team or use our feedback form, We may keep a record of that correspondence or call
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site
- The details of your visits to our Site including but not limited to:
- IP Address that connect your device to the internet
- Your Location this is in form of country, county, city and town
- Full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- Browsers Information include version
- Session Information to identity users
- Viewed page
- Date, time of visit and visit duration
- From transaction analysis of your payments and other transactions, from your use of our services and what we know from operating your account; and
- Information we receive from our business partners and from other organisations such as credit reference agencies, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and fraud prevention agencies.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the maintenance of your account, or for legal or regulatory requirements.
WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A NUMBER OF PURPOSE
- to provide you with the requested services such as processing loan transactions, treating complaint, receiving payments and updating your account records
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or mobile device)
- To respond to your enquiries and complaints
- To provide you with information, which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes and may contact you about these by post, telephone, email or text message.
- To administering offers, competitions and promotions
- undertaking financial reviews; and also for the following data processing activities:
- updating, consolidating, and improving the accuracy of our records;
- undertaking transactional analysis;
- arrears and debt recovery activities;
- testing new systems and checking upgrades to existing systems
- to identify you when you contact us or visit Our Sites;
- to identify which of our products, or our partners' products, might interest you;
- to prevent and detect fraud, crime detection, prevention, and prosecution;
- for regulatory checks including credit assessment;
- aggregated information about users for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers
- evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and for market research and training;
- customer modelling, statistical and trend analysis, with the aim of developing and improving products and services;
- assessing lending risks;
- managing your relationship with us
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our Site
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- to any person to whom we transfer our rights or obligations under the agreement
- If we are compelled to do so by law and for fraud prevention purposes
- To licensed credit reference agencies to help us and others make credit decisions
- To third parties to enable them to provide details of products or services you may be interested in with your consent
- to our authorised direct marketing or other agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen
- with a purchaser, in the event our business is acquired by a third party in which case personal information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets
We may monitor or record phone calls for training and/or security purposes.
We may also use interactive voice recognition technology to help us manage your account and provide you with the services you require.
MARKETING AND OPT-OUT RIGHTS
When you visit our Site, you agree that we may contact you through the email address and phone number on your loan application to assist you with your loan or to discuss other products and services that LOANEASY Finance may provide for you.
In the case of marketing communication, you may opt-out of receiving these from us or from our associated companies by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: unsubscribe. we will make reasonable efforts to honour such choice within 15 business days.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone. We use advanced technologies such as (but not limited to) data encryption, firewalls and server authentication to protect the security of your data
In addition, we train our employees in the proper handling of personal information and when we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). The data may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us, or for one of our partners. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. by submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Policy.
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary, for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is relevant for its intended purposes, and is accurate, and up to date.
The law gives you a number of important rights in relation to your personal data, which are listed below.
There are certain exceptions where these rights may be superseded by laws and other requirements applicable to LOANEASY FINANCE. An example of this would be the obligatory retention period (seen Section 5), which supersedes the right to data erasure.
Your rights are:
- The right of access and data portability: the right to request access to the data that we have about you, to obtain the data within a month of asking for it, and to use it for your own purposes
- The right to be informed: the right to be informed about how we use your personal data
- The right to rectification: the right to correct, amend or update your personal data if it is wrong or has changed (this can usually be done using the settings provided on your account)
- The right to erasure: the right to ask us to remove the data we hold about you from our records
- The right to restrict processing: the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to object: the right to object to data processing, if you believe that our legitimate interest might infringe upon your rights
- Rights related to automated decision-making and profiling: the right not be subject to individual decisions made solely by automated means.
- The right to notification in the event of breach: the right to be immediately informed if we identify a data breach
- The right to be forgotten: the right to request erasure of any links to your personal data, or of any copy or replication of any public personal data
- The right to raise a complaint: the right to contact our Data Protection Officer if you are not happy with how we have handled your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: the right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are not satisfied with our Data Protection Officer’s response, or if you believe that we are not processing your personal data in a lawful way (For more details please refer to the Commissioner’s Office website
If you would like to read more about your rights in relation to your personal data, please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right of access to your personal data. The Act allows us to charge a fee of £10 for this. You will also need to provide identification so that we may verify that you authorised to access the personal information you have requested.
If you have any query, concerns and questions of If your personal information changes, you may update or correct it by making the change by emailing us at email@example.com